Monday, April 3, 2017

The week of April 3-7.

Happy Monday!

We are beginning our farm unit this week.  We will learn about cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens!  If your child has not let you know yet, we will have chick eggs in our class tomorrow!  I have an incubator that holds 7 eggs!  Tomorrow, I will send pictures of our eggs in the incubator.  It takes 21 days for the chicks to grow, so hopefully by April 25, we will have some chicks hatching! We should have some to check out when you come to our open house on April 28!

This week we are reading about cows and writing details that we learned from our book.  The kids will pick a detail or two to write down and draw a picture about their sentence.  Each week we will do this about the animal we read about.  We are also making a cow class quilt using our hand print.

This is my favorite unit since I grew up on a farm!  We had cows and pigs too! I like to add some of my farm stories I remember.

Spelling words this week!  We are on week 5!  The words are:  at, be, this, have , from
I am hoping that the kids are remembering the words more than spelling them.  Please remember that this is the first time doing spelling tests!  They are all trying their best!  I am not concerned at all if they misspell words.  Making sure they know the words to read them, will be more beneficial at this time.  

Letter of the week:  Long Ee
sight words:  him, Dad

Theme Story:  Just the right size!  It's a farm story with a chick to spy on each page.  Cute story!

Book-it Calendar:  Please turn them in by Wednesday!  Thanks!

Class pictures are this Wednesday.  If you want one for your child, please turn in the picture order and money by Wednesday.  Individual spring pictures are Wednesday too!  You don't have to purchase them, but all will have their picture taken.

Fish bowl auction:  It was a great turn-out!  I will let the kids know tomorrow who won my pizza lunch with me!

Grade cards:  Please let me know if you need help checking out your child's grade card on Skyward.  It's so important to let your child know how proud you are of their progress!

Math this week!  
Topic 13:  Sorting, Classifying, Counting, and Categorizing Data
We will be talking about sorting by attributes such as; color, size, and shape.  Picture graphs are also part of this topic.

Coming up!
Wed. April 5       Class pictures and spring individual pictures
Fri. April 14       No school--Good Friday
Mon. April 17     inservice day--no school


Fri. April 28       Mrs. Scott's Open House--11:00





No comments:

Post a Comment