Sunday, August 11, 2019

Welcome to Mrs. Scott's Class!

I am looking forward to a "Hopping" great year in Kindergarten!  We will learn many new things and have fun getting to know each other!

This is my 10th year teaching Kindergarten!  Wow!  Time flies when you're having fun!  I have been married 23 years to my husband, John!  John and I are both K-State grads and love attending the football and basketball games when we can.  We have two awesome teenagers--Connor is 19 and is a sophomore at K-State, studying Mechanical Engineering!  Hallie is 16 and is a junior at Desoto High School.  She is on the tennis team and soccer team, along with everything else she can be involved in!  We are on the go with watching Hallie's events during the week and going to K-State events (mainly to get a chance to see Connor) on the weekends!

Mrs. Scott, Hallie, John, and Connor
Hiking at Mirror Lake State Park in Wisconsin

In July we took our vacation to the Dells,Wisconsin.  While there we enjoyed hiking, a water park, escaping an Escape Room, touring the Wisconsin River on a tour boat, and visiting family!  It was nice and cool there too!

I hope you all had a fabulous summer and are ready to watch your child grow leaps and bounds this year in Kindergarten!

I love my blog to communicate what's happening in Kindergarten, for adding pictures of the action in our class, sharing our year-long calendar with our letters of each week, sight words, and all events for CCE!  You can also find games for your child to play, a link for my Scholastic Book Order code and quick ordering on-line.

Please know that I will never add names to the pictures or in my communication.  Also, it is not a blog for adding comments as I want to keep any comments private through email.  I will send a hyperlink for my blog on the first school day of the week to your email.  If it changes when I send it, I will always let you know.  The best part is you can link my google class calendar to your calendar!!!  

I hope you enjoy our class blog as much as I do!

Happy First Official day in Mrs. Scott's class!

We had a day full of learning about Kindergarten!
This week we are going to read books about going to school.  We will learn how to turn and talk to our neighbor about our favorite parts of the books.  We will also learn how to count syllables in our names.

Today we talked about big lines, little lines, big curves, and little curves when making our handwriting letters.  Our handwriting program is called Handwriting Without Tears.  The class found out about "Mat Man" who is made with lines and curves, which introduced what we will be using to form our letters. 

Our sight word this week is: I
Color word: Red . We will wear red on Thursday and Mrs. Scott will supply the color snack!

Math this week!  We have Topics for each unit.  Topic 1 is Counting and writing 1 to 5.
In math we played a game about the numbers 1, 2, 3.   This week we are focusing on counting and writing 1, 2, 3.

Today we read a book called, How Full is Your Bucket?  We learned that each of us has an imaginary bucket that fills up when we are kind to others and they are kind to us, or drops fall out when we are not kind or someone is unkind to us.  We will work as a class to be kind and fill up our class bucket!  When it's full we will have a class party!

I'm working on uploading pictures on this new MacBook and on my blog.  I'll let you know when I get it figured out!  It's not compatible with all of my devices unfortunately.

Coming up!
Thur.  Aug. 22  Wear Red Today
                          Parent Info. Night 6:30 (please parents only if at all possible)
Tues. Aug. 27   Class pictures and individual pictures
Thurs. Aug. 29   Yellow Day










No comments:

Post a Comment