Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The week of April 24-27!

Our Kindergarten Open House is this Friday, April 27!!  If someone from your family is unable to come, please let me know and I'll make sure to have another parent be a "fill-in" and let him/her walk around with them.  You can come at 2:30 to walk around and see our projects and meet our chicks.  Please be here by 2:45, so we can begin our program!

We are hoping our chicks will begin "pipping" out of their shell by tomorrow.  Today is day 21, so usually I will have one pipping later in the day.  The kids will get to hold one the end of the week.  However, with so many people in the room at our Open House, I would like to keep the chicks in the "brooder" to keep them from getting dropped accidentally.

 Dress for Open House:  I always like for the kids to dress a little nicer for our Open House for videotaping and pictures.  They will sing on risers just like the big kids do!

End of the year slideshow--I haven't had any bites yet to put together our end of the year slideshow to watch the last day of school.  If you think you would be interested in trying it, please let me know asap!  Unfortunately with my son's Eagle Scout Court of Honor and Graduation, I just don't have time to put it together myself.  If it doesn't work out for anyone, it's ok.

Spelling!  I honestly can't remember if I sent home the spelling lists on Friday or not.  Some of the kids said they got it and some didn't think they did.  So, I sent it again today.  The words are harder, so please practice with your child the next few days. The test is on Friday.

Our reading is our science this week.  We are learning about living and nonliving things.  Along, with reading about horses and watching our caterpillars change to their chrysalis.  Two changed while the kids were here today.  We find it amazing that it happens and we don't even notice it until the process is done!

Sight words:  each, use
Letter of the week:  long u (u-e, ue, ew, oo)
I am so proud of all of my kids!  They all passed all 50 sight words already!  Thank you for all of your hard work studying with your child!  They are so lucky to have you as parents!  We will have an ice cream party in a few weeks!

Math this week!  
Please make sure your child turns in their math homework packet tomorrow if they haven't done so yet.  

We are going to finish up this Topic composing numbers to 19 tomorrow.  Next week we will be on our last Topic in math over decomposing numbers to 19, which is just having the answer first.

Coming up!

Apr. 27      Kindergarten Open House (2:30-3:15)  Please come! 
May 4        Farm Day in the AM for Scott's Class 
May 18      Field Day
May 24      Last day of school-1/2 day 









No comments:

Post a Comment